Janet Sims, co-founder of Basic Mindfulness Portland, received her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology. With more than 30 years experience, she has expertise in treating anxiety, depression, relationship problems, pain, and stress. Dr. Sims is currently a Licensed Psychologist in Oregon. Her professional experience includes:
- Associate Director of Counseling and Human Development at Dartmouth College
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Dartmouth Medical School
- Visiting faculty member at Portland State University
- Member American Psychological Association since 1980
- Member Oregon Psychological Association since 2008
- Member National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
Janet has meditated for over 30 years and teaches Basic Mindfulness at Portland area colleges and universities as well as the Zen Center of Portland, and on the web with Shinzen Young’s Home Practice Program (basicmindfulness.org).